The vaccines are given by appointment or by walk-in. If you would like an appointment, please call us so we can set one up for you.
Before you come in for your vaccine, please check out our page on preparing for your vaccine.
Getting your COVID-19 vaccine is an important tool to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and slow this pandemic. The vaccine can help keep you from getting COVID-19 and protect your family, friends, and our community.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the vaccine for COVID-19 available?
- We are registered with both the state and CDC to provide COVID-19 vaccines and will be receiving vaccine based on allocations from the state of Alabama. The vaccine is available by appointment or by walk-in at our store.
- Who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
- At this time, those eligible for a vaccine are anyone age 16 years and older. Please keep in mind that at this time not every vaccine approved for Emergency Use Authorization is approved for all ages.
- What vaccine do you have?
- The FDA has issued emergency use authorization (EUA) for three vaccines - the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine, and Johnson & Johnson's Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. We have received Johnson & Johnson's Janssen COVID-19 vaccine as well as Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine requires one dose of the vaccine to be effective, while the Moderna vaccine requires two doses spaced at least 4 weeks apart.
- How much does the COVID-19 vaccine cost?
- The COVID-19 vaccine is free for everyone, regardless of whether you have health insurance or not.
- What are COVID-19 vaccine side effects?
- The most common side effects include pain and swelling on the arm where you got your vaccine. You may also get other side effects including fever, chills, tiredness, and headache. These side effects should go away in a few days. If you did not have any side effects from the first dose, you may still experience side effects with the second dose. Because the vaccine was approved for emergency use, other side effects have yet to be determined.